Fire Protection Designer
Central Consolidated, Inc. was founded on the philosophy of value, quality, performance, integrity and safety. As Central continues to grow and plan for the future, our new core values are safety, integrity, respect, teamwork, care for assets (employees and clients) and continuous improvement. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community.
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Designer to join our Wichita, KS team!
- Responsible for the design of sprinkler projects throughout the state of Kansas
- Aiding the assigned Project Manager to ensure safe, on time completion within or under budget
- Create detailed drawings using AutoCAD, SprinkCAD and HyroCAD type programs
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Participate in major vendor negotiations
- Develop and nurture customer relationships
- Consistently provide customers with all job-related information regarding status of projects
- Fire sprinkler trade experience
- Building and construction knowledge
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation is required
- Administrative, phone and computer skills are required for this role
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel and crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust and focus
- The employee will be exposed to hot and cold temperatures when conducting field survey’s
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To view a full description of this job, please click this link: Fire Protection Designer
**Resumes for this position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org