The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Controller to join our Wichita, KS team!
Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be responsible for overall accounting oversight, including but not limited to, accurate and timely general ledger and technical accounting, management of billing, collections, accounts payable, payroll, oversite and development of the team, all review and tax matters, assist with budgeting and forecasting, assist with implementation and development of a scalable systems and internal controls. This role is a key role for the organization.
- Responsible for the management and development of our Finance team and IT processes.
- Assist in the accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting including internal management reporting, and external reporting for covenants and other business partners as required
- Lead monthly financial close and reporting process
- Research technical accounting matters and prepare recommendations with respect to implementation of new or newly applicable accounting guidance
- Have strong construction background would be preferred, versed from prior experiences in understanding cost, standards or rates, and evaluated opportunities to leverage profitability
- Assist the CFO in leading the Company’s annual financial audit as well as other audits as required
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual review and filings for tax compliance matters are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Work with CFO/other business partners regarding business system implementation/upgrade
- Responsible for establishing, executing, monitoring, and enforcing appropriate internal controls and policies and procedures
- Assist CFO with the annual budget preparation, monthly forecasting, analyzes financial results to determine recommended cash flow and operational and sales actions to meet goals
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
- Hungry, Humble, SMART goal focused
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; CPA credential is preferred
- Minimum 5 – 10 years relevant experience and leadership required
- Strong background in technical accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting, cost accounting, and financial management
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills including root cause and risk analysis methodologies
- Diverse experience with financial systems
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
**Resumes for this position should be sent to JBoucher@CentralConsolidated.net and include “Controller Resume” in the subject.