Central Consolidated, Inc. was founded on the philosophy of value, quality, performance, integrity and safety. As Central continues to grow and plan for the future, our new core values are safety, integrity, respect, teamwork, care for assets (employees and clients) and continuous improvement. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community.
We are currently seeking a junior to mid-level mechanical Estimator to join our Wichita, KS team!
The right candidate will have experience in mechanical estimation and have the ability to analyze and evaluate all aspects of potential projects to set pricing to ensure Central Consolidated remains competitive and profitable. This person is motivated and looking to grow the business while managing quality and consistency of products and service delivery in accordance to Central Consolidated standards providing the customer with an exceptional experience.
- Aids in the success of project procurement by preparing estimates for review by executive team
- Perform drawing takeoffs, equipment and fixture counts, specification review, initiating pre-bid RFI’s and prepare all other direct project costs necessary for a complete and competitive estimate
- Estimate design build projects, plan and spec projects along with conceptual budgets
- Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask
- Facilitate effective communication and efficient resource deployment within the estimating group as well as the project managers
- Track proposals and follow up with clients to determine price competitiveness
- Develop and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
- Coordinate and conduct preconstruction review meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- QuoteSoft and FastPipe experience preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of construction documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public
- Must have good reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients which requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license
- Able to work independently or with others in a professional manner
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust and focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To view a full description of this job, please click this link: Junior Estimator Job Description
**Resumes for this position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Junior Estimator Resume” in the subject of your email.