Central Consolidated, Inc. was founded on the philosophy of value, quality, performance, integrity and safety. As Central continues to grow and plan for the future, our new core values are safety, integrity, respect, teamwork, care for assets (employees and clients) and continuous improvement. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Wichita, KS team!
This position requires the ability to interact with others inside and outside at all levels of the organization on a daily basis. Analyze, research, and resolve highly complex accounting-related problems or issues. Preparing reports for management is frequent. Additionally, the ability to work independently to meet deadlines is required. Position also includes the ability to train, mentor, and develop staff members.
- 30% – Organize and direct general accounting activities.
- 30% – Supervises Accounts Payable and Receptionist to encourage employee development and ensure that accounting policies are being followed and comply with GAAP.
- 10% – Research, analyze, and evaluate financial programs and projects to provide timely and accurate financial analysis for management.
- 10% – Be responsible for implementing process efficiencies through automation and process improvement.
- 10% – Oversee the timely and accurate execution of the month-end reconciliation process.
- 10% – Provide input into financial statement preparation, analyses and various management reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Construction experience, preferred.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience, preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust and focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
To view a full description of this job, please click this link: Senior Accountant Job Description
**Please apply for this position and complete the Microsoft Excel assessment by clicking this link: Application/Excel Assessment.