Fire Protection Project Engineer
Central Consolidated was founded on the philosophy of value, quality, performance, integrity and safety. These principles are still followed today. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees, and our community.
We are currently seeking experienced Fire Protection Project Engineer to join our Wichita, KS team!
- Health, Rx, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Days
- Salary position
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes and other regulations
- Document all correspondence related to projects
- Participate in major vendor negotiations and seek out competitive vendors and services to obtain the best price and delivery schedule
- Price, negotiate and process change orders
- Responsible for budget analysis reports, cost and revenue projections, work progress and scheduling reports
- Create and monitor project billings for accuracy to ensure a positive cash flow
- Develop and nurture customer relationships
- Consistently provide customers with all job-related information regarding status of projects
- Track and approve field labor force hours and crew mix rates for all projects Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology
- Building and construction knowledge
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation is required
- Administrative, phone, and computer skills are required for this role
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, must have excellent written and oral communication skills, physical demands while performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, and crouch. The employee, on occasion, will be exposed to extreme temperatures. Disclaimer This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org